Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tina and Tekka


What I consider to be my favorite watercolor is this one of my daughter Tina and Tekka, her dog. Tina and I played tennis one summer day on a Saturday morning at our local sports club. After tennis, we went to our house for lunch in our backyard. It was a nice sunny day. Tina was relaxing, sipping a glass of red wine in our backyard while Louise, my wife was preparing lunch. I looked out and saw a beautiful composition of Tina and Tekka. I happened to have my camera in my pocket and pulled it out to take a photo. With the hills in the background, I thought it would be a good composition. When I first saw the photo on my computer screen, I knew I had to paint it. I had been looking for a good subject for a watercolor painting and I knew this was it. I took my time to paint this one. After about a month, I finished my work. I am very happy with the results.

Zack

No comments: